Location: NY

Wood Road Bridge

Crosses the Cohocton River in Steuben County. Constructed by Dean & Westbrook, this is a rare combination of the structure being pin-connected, but also using the patented Phoenix Columns from the Phoenix Bridge Company.

Photograph by Nathan Holth

Waterford Bridge

Also known as the Union Bridge, it was constructed by the Phoenix Bridge Company. It was named a National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark by the American Society of Civil Engineers. It crosses the lower Hudson River in exactly the same location as the original wooden bridge crossing that was built in 1804.

Photograph by Marc Sciotti

Watkins Glen Iron Foot-Bridge

This 90’ pedestrian bridge is located the Watkins Glen State Park. Its unusual bowstring design was crafted using wrought iron from the Phoenix Iron Company.

Photograph by Nathan Holth

Seneca Falls Bridge

Constructed by the Phoenix Bridge Company, this bridge was featured in the movie “It’s A Wonderful Life”, that was filmed here in the 1940’s by Frank Capra. The bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Photograph by Marc Sciotti

Northern Central Railroad Bridge

Built by the Phoenix Bridge Company for the North central line, but was later taken over by the Pennsylvania Railroad and used to ship coal to across Lake Ontario.

Photograph courtesy of Marc Scotti NYDOT

Manhattan Bridge

This bridge connects Manhattan to Brooklyn over the East River, and is used by pedestrians, bicycles, a subway and motor vehicles. Its main span length is 1,470 ft. long. It is listed on the National Register.

Photograph courtesy of Wikipedia

Horan Road Bridge

Located at the eastern end of the Medina, NY aqueduct.

Photograph courtesy of Marc Scotti NYDOT

Ganargua Creek Railroad Bridge

This bridge crosses the Ganargua Creek in Newark, NY. Its heavy duty construction served the movement of coal over the rail line. It is now operated by the Ontario Central Railroad.

Photograph courtesy of Marc Scotti NYDOT

Cooper’s Hill Street Bridge

Originally built for the town of Canajoharie. It was acquired by the state and moved in 1975 to the Old Erie Canal State Park in DeWitt, NY where it is now used as a pedestrian crossing.

Photograph courtesy of Marc Scotti NYDOT

Bridge L-158 Golden’s Bridge

This Phoenix Column bridge was moved here in 1904. Now the railroad tracks have been removed and it is a pedestrian bridge crossing the Muscoot Reservoir near Goldens Bridge in Westchester County. It is listed on the National Register and is maintained by New York City.

Photograph by Kent Findley